Hiring in the mobile apps sector was way up this week, with 27 new hires spread out across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE International and InMobi showed the most activity accounting for more than a third of this week’s hires. However, while there was plenty of activity this week there were few high level hires and no significant moves at the executive level.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Kenneth Plattner, Inside Sales – Acquinity starts of our roundup this week. Plattner moves to the company from another inside sales position with Direct Alliance.
- Michael LaGrange, Game Developer – LaGrange comes to Crowdstar from Namco Bandai, where he was a game developer/engineer.
- Maria Angela Barua, Programmer – A trio of hires for Gameloft this week. Barua was previously a programmer at UP IT Training Center.
- Noël Pénisson, Game Designer – Pénisson begins his career at Gameloft as a game designer.
- Patrick Dunal, 3D Artist – Last up is Dunal, who was formerly a 3D artist at NEEZO RENDERS.
- Ju Hyun Alvarado-Mawn, Senior Artist – GREE reports six new hires this week. First up is Alvarado-Mawn, who was previously a senior artist at TinyCo.
- Tina Gu, Web Graphic Designer – Next up is Gu, who was formerly a senior graphic designer at Adchemy, Inc.
- Jonathan Kratter, Lead QA Engineer – Kratter comes from Tapulous/Disney Mobile, where he was the QA lead.
- Jason Santillano, Event Coordinator – Next is Santillano, who was a marketing coordinator at Hewlett Packard.
- Zachary Rude, Technical Artist – Rude was previously was technical artist at Namco Bandai.
- Grace Kuo, Marketing Manager – And finally we have Kuo, who moves from Playfish/EA where she was an integrated marketing manager.
- Shefali Shetty, Talent Acquisition Specialist – InMobi wins the numbers game this week with a seven hires. First up is Shetty, who was previously a Sr. recruitment executive at Yahoo.
- Austin Slomowitz, Sales and Ad Operations Intern – Next up is Slomowitz who starts his career with InMobi.
- Nicholas Quan, Sales and Ad Operations Intern – Quan also comes to InMobi as an intern.
- Ashley Ford, Creative Director – Ford moves from Spotify, where he was a web designer/developer.
- Jiah Kim, Account Manager – Kim was previously a PR specialist at Sony Korea.
- Shankar Narayan, User Experience Designer – Narayan was a UX intern at eBay before coming to InMobi.
- Jessica Miles, Office Manager – Australia – Finally we have Miles, who was an experience manager at Terrapinn.
- Dana Ducharme, Senior Web Developer – Two new faces at Millennial Media. Ducharme was formerly a web developer at Cygnus Business Media.
- Jonathan Andrews, Director, Optimization Analysis – Andrews is the higher profile of Millennial’s two hires, taking on a role as director.
- John Lee, Customer Service Technician – Lee comes from UC Berkeley, where he was a student librarian.
- Curtis Bathurst, Art Director, New Concepts – Bathurst makes the jump from ToonSmoosh, where he was the creative director.
- Kwan Yong Kim, Key Account Manager, Korea – Two hires for Rovio this week. First up is Kim who joins Rovio’s international team.
- Les Sprink, Lead Artist – Next up is Sprink, who was previously a freelance art director at Strawdog Studios.
- Ben Seto, 2D Artist – Storm8 also shows up this week with a pair of hires. First up is Seto, who was formerly a lead concept artist at Perfect World.
- James Yu, Software Engineer – Next is Yu, who was a staff software engineer at Teradata.
- Dave Abercrombie, Data Analytics Engineer – Tapjoy finishes off our list with a single hire. Abercrombie moves from Convio, where he was a principal database architect.