Hiring in the mobile apps sector was down after last week’s fairly unusual flurry of activity, with 21 new hires spread across 10 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Gameloft and GREE showed the most activity and Kontagent had the week’s highest profile hire, bringing aboard Bill Morris as its new engineering lead.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jordan Leckner, Game Developer – Crowdstar starts our lineup with a single hire. Leckner was a software engineer at PlayFirst, Inc.
- Meldra Apinane, QA Act-As-Lead – A pair of changes at EA Mobile. Apinane was previously a QA tester at EA Mobile.
- Ingo Jaeckel, Software Engineer – Jaeckel comes to EA from the Hasso-Plattner Institute, where he was a research assistant.
- Sergi Lluch Calatayud, 3D Environment Artist – Five hires for Gameloft this week. First up is Calatayud, who starts his career at Gameloft fresh out of school.
- Chase Marotz, Writer – Marotz was formerly an intern at Troma Entertainment.
- Wahyu Kresna, HR Assistant – Kresna was previously working on an internship at PT Semen Gresik in Indonesia.
- Collin Chandler, Junior Programmer – Chandler was a software developer at Clear Idea Technology.
- Gustavo Aranda, ANSI C Game Developer – Finally Aranda comes to Gameloft after a period of freelancing.
- Dania Ramirez, HR Generalist – Five hires at GREE as well this week. Ramirez was previously the sr. benefits administrator at The Gymboree Corp.
- Tamara Monesi, Executive Assistant – Monesi was the executive assistant & recruiting coordinator at Smule.
- Verity Davis, QA Engineer – Davis leaves Zynga where she was also a QA engineer.
- Ryan Dudley, Sr. Software Engineer – Dudley was the lead engineer at Rivet Games.
- Janice Hoke, Recruiting Coordinator – Finally Hoke was a contract coordinator at Mozilla Recruiting.
- Bill Morris, Engineering Lead – This week’s highest profile hire, Morris was previously the VP of engineering at Berkeley Transportation Systems, Inc.
- Kristen Stotts, Sr. Designer – Stotts comes from the San Francisco Chronicle, where she was a graphic designer.
- Alex Trumpower, Account Executive – Trumpower comes to Millennial from 24/7 Real Media, where he was an account manager.
- MJ Chua, Sales Manager, Regional – Chua was previously the regional sales manager at Spiral Media.
- Trey Derbes, QA Lead – Promoting Derbes from QA tester to QA lead nets ngmoco:) a place on our hires chart this week.
- Mikko Karvonen, Producer – Karvonen was a product manager at Kyy Games Oy before joining the Rovio team.
- Matthew Alonsagay, Associate Content Manager – Alonsagay was formerly as QA Lead at ngmoco:).
- Jack Cheung, Software Engineer – Cheung was previously a software engineer at Qualcomm Innovation Center Inc.