Hiring in the mobile apps sector held steady this week, with 16 new hires spread out across 10 companies, based on information we gathered from LinkedIn and other sources. This week saw a many high profile hires and moves: GREE International moved Richard Narido from OpenFeint to become the director of finance and accounting, PlayPhone brought on Scott Prather as the senior director of business development, Booyah promoted Jason Willig from COO to CEO and Ngmoco announced that it had named Michael Staskin as Chief Marketing Officer.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Jason Willig, CEO – In an extremely high profile shift, Jason Willig is now head of the company, moving up from his position as COO. Keith Lee, Booyah’s co-founder and former CEO will stay on as a strategic advisor.
- Angelo Rossi, Senior Network Administrator – Two new hires at Gameloft this week. First up is Rossi, who was formerly the director of the information security division at Le Group Égomédia.
- Asif Haroon Memon, Game Developer – Also joining is Memon, who comes to Gameloft from Associated Consulting where he was a senior software engineer.
- Richard Narido, Director of Finance and Accounting – A high profile new hire at GREE. Narido was previously the director of finance and accounting at OpenFeint.
- Tyler Nation, Product Manager – Also joining GREE is Nation, who was formerly a social game designer at iWin.
- Jason Kim, Senior Product Manager – Kim moves from EA, where he was a lead producer.
- Everett Kamlley, IT Support Specialist – Also coming aboard is Kamlley, who was the escalations senior tech, team lead at Yahoo.
- Hiroumi Mitani, Business Development – GREE International’s sister company sees one move, with Mitani, previously a senior producer at Rakuten coming to the business development team.
- Michael Nguyen, Developer Relations Intern – Nguyen moves to OpenFeint from T&H Properties, where he was the operations manager.
- Korinah Salleh, Rich Media Technical Specialist – Only one new hire for InMobi this week, who add bring on Salleh from KatalystM, where she was a senior technical consultant.
- Ashley Martin, Corporate Recruiter – Martin joins the team at Millennial Media, coming from Williams Scotsman, where she was an internal recruiter.
- Michael Staskin, Chief Marketing Officer – Ngmoco also made headlines this week with the acquisition of Staskin. Most recently, Staskin was vice president of marketing and communications at Sisal SpA, a European lottery corporation.
- Scott Prather, Senior Director of Business Development – A high profile hire for PlayPhone who see Prather move from OpenFeint, where he was the director of strategic relationships.
- Helen Nesteruk, Sales Executive – Work4 Labs brings on a trio of new faces. First up is Nesteruk who moves from Millianna where she was a production manager.
- Nathan Kane, Business Development Intern – Next up is Kane, who was previously a strategy intern at SYPartners.
- Adam Benetti, Sales Executive – Also joining is Benetti, who comes from Progressive Digital Media Group, where he was a market research executive.