Hiring in the mobile apps sector was up again this week, with 27 new hires spread across 16 companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, Gameloft reported the most activity with four hires. Unlike previous weeks which have seen few or no high level hires, this week Andreessen Horowitz, Big Fish Games, Lima Sky, Path and Unity Technologies all reported significant hires and changes at the executive level.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Tristan Walker, Entrepreneur in Residence — Several high profile moves were reported this week in the mobile app space. First up is Foursquare’s VP of business development, Tristan Walker, who leaves the company to join venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz.
- Paul Thelen, CEO — In another high profile move, Big Fish Games’ founder Paul Thelen is back as CEO. He replaces Jeremy Lewis, who had lead the company for the past four years after Thelen stepped down from the role. Lewis is now a director at the company.
- Jeff Davis, Software Architect — Booyah reports one hire this week. Davis was formerly a principle software engineer at Cooliris.
- Lucas Perez, QA Tester — Perez starts his career at PopCap.
- Nick Ma, Developer – Intern — Hot on the heels of its acquisition at the hands of GREE, Funzio adds some interns for the summer. Ma was previously a PHP developer at Compliance Forum Ltd.
- Kefan Xie, Backend Developer – Intern — Xie was educated at the University of Waterloo in Toronto.
- Mahesh Manni, Programmer — Four hires this week for Gameloft. Manni was previously a graphics programmer at Virtual Logic Systems.
- Victor Armengol, Software Developer — Armengol was a .NET programmer at the Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social.
- Igor Ivinski, Environment Artist — Ivinkski was formerly a texture artist at Ringtail Studios.
- Satrio Budi, HD Programmer — Budi begins his career at Gameloft.
- David Dix, Software Tester — A trio of hires for Glu. Dix was a quality assurance analyst at WB Games Seattle.
- Brent Eiklor, QA Tester — Eiklor was a game tester and content creator at Flying Lab Software.
- Sharmeen Fatehi, Associate Artist — Fatehi was previously a raster production modeler at Aechelon Technology.
- Meng Her, Senior Animator — Her was a lead animator at 6waves Lolapps before joining GREE.
- Shengshan Dong, Programming Manager — Dong was the development manager at Walt Disney Studios in China.
- Ted Dobyns, Software Engineer — Dobyns was an undergraduate research assistant at UNC Charlotte Visualization Center.
- Dony Kurian, Solutions Engineer — Kurian was a software engineer at Infosys before joining InMobi.
- Vin Perothas, Senior SDET — Perothas stars his career with InMobi.
- Michael Duvall, Business Development — A single hire this week for Kontagent. Duvall was previously an inside sales representative at Autonomy.
- Eric Karp, Chief Licensing Officer — Doodle Jump developer Lima Sky appears to be following in the footsteps of Rovio, Halfbrick and Outfit7 with the hire of Karp as its chief licensing officer. Karp has previously worked at Chorion, MGM and Fox.
- Nate Johnson, VP of Marketing — Another high profile hire. Johnson comes to Path from LinkedIn, where he was the head of consumer marketing.
- Rutika Muchhala, Product — Muchhala was formerly a business analyst at McKinsey & Company.
- Jessica Virtanen, Junior Web Games Artist — Virtanen was previously an animator and digital artist at Twisted Films.
- Ville Lepistö, Producer, Animation — Lepistö was formerly a producer at Talvi Digital Oy.
- Haluk Menteş, Product Manager — Menteş was previously a senior consultant at Deloitte.
- Elliot Solomon, Vice President for North America Videogaming — Unity makes a rare appearance on our list with not one but two high profile hires. Solomon was previously the vice president of business development at Omek Interactive.
- Erik Juhl, Director of Development — Another high profile move at Unity. Juhl was previously the executive director of engineering at Turbine.