Hiring in the mobile apps sector rose slightly this week, with 14 hires spread out across seven companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE International and Natural Motion showed the most activity. GREE also revealed that Sara Thompson, formerly of Glu Mobile, was the company’s new director of developer relations. In September we reported that Thompson had moved to GREE owned OpenFeint to take on that role. This week’s highest profile hire was Atari’s acquisition of former IWON.com president Gui Karyo as its executive vice president, development & operations.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Gui Karyo, Executive Vice President, Development & Operations – Atari brings aboard Karyo, the former president of Mindspark’s IWON.com to help bolster its casual gaming expertise.
- Amar Deogirikar, Senior Test Analyst – Brighter Option reports one hire this week. Deogirikar was previously an automation tester at Justgiving.com
- Annie Labossière, HR Manager (Interim) – Gameloft makes our list this week with a pair of promotions. Labossière moves up within the company, seeing a promotion from HR advisor to HR manager.
- Oscar Sebio Cajaraville, Lead Programmer – Cajaraville also gets a promotion, upgrading from programmer to lead programmer.
- Hilary Gardner, Technical Recruiter – GREE International reports five new hires this week. First up is Gardener, who was previously a technical recruiter at VonChurch
- Chan Park, Korea Business Development Team Member – Chan moves from NC Japan, where he was a game business team member.
- Philana Chow, Designer – Next up is Chow, who jumps from American Cosplay Paradise, where she worked as a staff artist.
- Sarah Thomson, Director, Developer Relations – This week’s highest profile move is one we reported previously when Thompson moved to OpenFeint. Thompson was previously the vice president of business development at IUGO Mobile Entertainment and the director of business development at Glu Mobile.
- Kiley Roohan, Office Administrative Assistant – Millennial Media makes our list this week with a single hire, bringing on Roohan as its office administrative assistant.
- Patrizio Spadoni, Senior 2d Artist – Natural Motion boosts its team with four hires this week. First up is Spadoni, who was formerly a senior UX artist at eeGeo.
- Lubomir Baran, UI Artist – Baran comes from Rare, where he was also a UI artist.
- Jamie Wood, 3d Artist – Next up is Wood, who was previously an artist at EA.
- Naomi Hoang, 2d Artist – Finally Natural Motion all adds Hoang to the group. She was previously a freelance 2D artist at Creative Assembly.
- Soumya R Nair, Game Tester – And finally Angry Birds maker Rovio brings Nair aboard from Device Driven, where he was a senior software tester.