Hiring in the mobile apps sector settled down this week after several weeks of higher than normal activity. Altogether we tracked 16 new hires spread across eight companies. Based on information from LinkedIn and other sources, GREE reported the most activity with four new hires. This week’s highest profile hires belonged to AdColony, which brought on Mike Owen as chief revenue officer, Ty Heath as chief technology officer and Abe Pralle as vice president, technology.
If your mobile game or social app company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Mike Owen, Chief Revenue Officer — AdColony starts off our roundup with three very high profile hires. Owen was previously the senior manager of iAd at Apple.
- Ty Heath, Chief Technology Officer — Heath was a founding partner at Plasmaworks.
- Abe Pralle, Vice President, Technology — Pralle was also a founding partner and the senior engineer at Plasmaworks.
- Indhumathi Chidambaram, Software Development Engineer I — Chidambaram was previously the software development lead at Tata Consultancy Services.
- Laurie Kindiak, 3D Artist — Kindiak was formerly a senior environment artist at Activision.
- Jesse Ringrose, Flash Developer — Ringrose was a flash developer at Blast Radius.
- Ricardo Vargas Lencina, 3D Artist — Three hires this week for Gameloft. Lencina was previously a 3D artist at the Bench.
- Allan Baudoin, Marketing Manager, UK & Ireland — Daudoin was a business development executive, EMEIA at Apple.
- Elisa Troccoli, Localization Bug Specialist — Troccoli previously worked at the Soho Language School.
- Garrett Hipple, Quality Assurance — Hipple was in quality assurance at Bigpoint.
- Brian Harris, Game Designer — Once again, GREE is the busiest company in our weekly hiring roundup with four hires this week. Harris was previously a senior designer at Bigpoint.
- Russell Lingenfelter, Player Experience Specialist — Lingenfelter was previously, a customer support specialist at Wargaming America/Frogster America.
- Joseph Chan, Associate Product Manager — Chan was previously an intern at Hitpost.
- Michael Czyzewski, Game Designer — Czyzewski was a producer at Occupy Travels before joining the GREE team.
- Lingjie Chen, Accountant — Chen was an intern at California-Asia Business Council before coming to Pocket Gems.
- Blake Pereira, User Acquisition Data Associate — Pereira was a research associate – equity compensation at Glass, Lewis & Co before joining TinyCo.