LinkedIn announced the launch of its LinkedIn Students mobile application. The app was created for upcoming college graduates, and it allows users to discover jobs based on their majors, among other features.
The LinkedIn Students app provides users with job information based on “real data from the career paths of hundreds of millions of successful professionals.”
The app allows users to:
- Browse suggested job roles based on their education.
- Read articles curated by LinkedIn and JPMorgan Chase & Co.
- View companies that tend to hire from their schools.
- Browse LinkedIn user profiles of recent college graduates with their majors.
- View suggested jobs based on their majors and graduating years.
In a blog post, Ada Yu, senior product manager at LinkedIn, said:
You can chip away at your job search checklist in any of your in-between moments—walking between classes, waiting in line at the coffee shop or taking a study break. What initially felt like an insurmountable undertaking will morph into a manageable daily to-do list and, before you know it, you’ll no longer be asking, “How do I find a job that’s a fit for me?,” but, “Which of these jobs is the best fit for me?”