LinkedIn Premium subscribers now have access to the professional network’s new Premium Insights, offering extensive information about companies.
LinkedIn said in a blog post by product leader and strategist Megan Kamil that Premium Insights are available to users with Business Plus, Sales Navigator and select Talent Solutions subscriptions, and she said of the new offering:
The use cases for these insights are limitless. From the market research associate gathering relevant information on key market and competitive landscapes to the investment professional trying to uncover the next “hot” company, this information will be valuable to any business professional.
Kamil described the information available via Premium Insights as follows:
- Total employee count offers an inside look into a company’s growth trends and can be used to identify or qualify investment targets or potential business partners.
- Employee distribution by function helps you to understand how a company is structured based on department and can also be used to signal its stage of growth based on which functions are growing fastest.
- New hires intel offers perspective on how a company is growing, particularly with regards to senior management. Uncover breakout companies, new business areas the company is investing in, or gauge seasonal demands based on new hiring trends.
- The notable alumni feature highlights a company’s former senior talent. Taking note of these career moves can help you to identify new companies to keep your eye on.
- Total job openings spotlights the company’s job postings available on LinkedIn. You will have a better understanding on how a company plans to grow by function and seniority.
LinkedIn users: What are your initial impressions of Premium Insights?