Entries are now being accepted for the second annual FbStart Apps of the Year competition, and they are due May 12 at noon PST.
The social network announced in a blog post that the grand-prize winner will receive $50,000 in cash and $50,000 in Facebook ad credits, with four additional developers each receiving prizes worth $12,500.
Applications entered in the second annual FbStart Apps of the Year competition will be judged by the following criteria:
- Growth and engagement: Is the app growing quickly? Has the app entered new markets, or done a good job retaining new users? Does the app demonstrate potential for growth?
- Experience and design: Is the design optimized for the best customer experience? Does it have a streamlined look and feel?
- Efficiency at scale: How does the app use Facebook or other third-party tools to make app development and iteration efficient?
- Leveraging Facebook: Are Facebook developer tools an integral part of the app? Do they improve the app’s user experience?
And the competition’s awards are as follows:
- FbStart App of the Year (one winner): Overall winner based on the criteria above, selected from the regional winners. $50,000 cash prize, $50,000 in Facebook ad credits and a 1:1 mentorship session with one of the panel judges.
- Regional Apps of the Year (three winners): The best apps from the four global regions (Asia-Pacific, Europe/Middle East/Asia, Latin America and North America), excluding the App of the Year’s region. $5,000 cash prize and $7,500 in Facebook ad credits each.
- Social Good App of the Year (one winner): An app that seeks to solve community needs or promote social issues. $5,000 cash prize and $7,500 in Facebook ad credits.