Two big announcements from Facebook to close out Monday, regarding advertising and Facebook Studio. First, the social network is calling upon some of the leading advertising executives for a think tank session at the Cannes Lions International Advertising Festival in France. Second, Facebook is introducing Facebook Studio Edge, a new program on the Facebook Studio site that updates agencies on Facebook’s latest products and best practices.
Facebook has called together an all-star roster of top executives at Cannes for the formation of a Creative Council. The social network notes that the council will serve as a sounding board for Facebook product ideas and advertising agency needs.
Here’s the who’s-who in this year’s Creative Council:
- David Droga, founder/CEO, Droga5
- Nick Law, chief creative officer, R/GA
- Jeff Benjamin, CCO, JWT
- Colleen DeCourcy, founder/CEO, Socialistic
- Linus Karlsson, CCO for global brands, McCann
- Mike Lazerow, co-founder/CEO, Buddy Media
- Rob Feakins, CCO/president, Publicis
- Mark Tutssel, CCO, Leo Burnett
- Amir Kassaei, worldwide CCO, DDB
- Mark Waites, CCO/founder, Mother
- Toshiya Fukuda, CEO ECD, 777
- James Hilton, CCO, AKQA
- Rob Reilly, CCO, CPB
- Tor Myhren, CCO, Grey
Advertising agencies will also be helped out by Facebook Studio Edge, which boasts 10- to 15-minute self-guided courses on topics such as applications, pages, and ads. Users can earn badges — displayed on their timelines — as they go through each course.
Mark D’Arcy, Facebook’s global director of creative solutions, announced the two items on Facebook Studio’s website:
The more Facebook can listen to the agency community and arm them with more information on the latest our platform has to offer, the more creativity we will see come to Facebook.
Readers: Have you taken advantage of what Facebook Studio has to offer?