The social network also announced the launch of a new tool, Your Business Story, which allows business owners to upload photos, add music and tell the story of what their businesses are doing.
Facebook shared the following statistics in an email to SocialTimes:
- More than 50 million small and midsized businesses are currently using Facebook pages, and more than 80 percent of the social network’s users in the U.S. are connected to SMBs. More than 2.5 billion comments are posted on those pages each month.
- There are more than 43 billion connections between people and businesses on the social network.
- The top three verticals building Facebook pages are services, local commerce and e-commerce.
- More than 1 million advertisers on Facebook are creating ads via mobile devices.
- More than 20 million active pages are using the social network’s Pages application.
- More than 70 percent of Facebook’s 3 million-plus advertisers are outside of the U.S.
- Southeast Asia is the fastest-growing region, and the top five countries in terms of year-over-year growth were the U.S., Brazil, the U.K., Italy and Australia.
Facebook also announced the launch of Your Business Story, saying in its email:
To celebrate these businesses, we’re also announcing the development of Your Business Story, a new movie tool that makes it easy for business owners to showcase what their company brings to the world. As part of the tool, businesses are able to upload their photos from their pages, overlay with music and share “what they are in the business of” doing.
And the social network added in a Facebook for Business post:
Today, 3 million businesses actively advertise on Facebook. That’s 3 million companies from all over the world, with more than 70 percent from outside of the U.S.
Each of these businesses has a unique story and mission. Whether it’s fashion or fitness, confidence or creativity, each business offers something to its customers and communities that no one else does.
To celebrate the businesses that use Facebook to grow, we created Your Business Story—a tool that makes it easy to create a video that shows what your business brings to the world. Because we believe the best way to tell the story of 3 million businesses is to empower each one to share their own.
Readers: What is Your Business Story, and how much of it involves your Facebook page or advertising on the social network?
3 million image courtesy of Shutterstock.