Have you ever considered where we would be today if it wasn’t for Facebook?
1. Much of the success of President Barack Obama‘s 2008 campaign relied on social media, and his technology adviser during the election was Facebook co-founder Chris Hughes. Without this component, the election might have had a different outcome.
2. If not for Facebook, many revolutions (including the recent revolutions in the Middle East) would not have happened. The Middle East would be in an entirely different political state than it is today.
3. If it weren’t for Facebook, people wouldn’t be protesting housing prices across Israel right now.
4. If not for social media, Charlie Sheen wouldn’t be #winning. He would just be a crazy out-of-work actor that people talked about for a couple of days before forgetting.
5. Facebook provides easy evidence for four out of every five divorces. If the site weren’t around, the lawyers would have to spend more time finding proof for their clients; cases would take longer to complete and both plaintiffs and defendants would end up paying heftier legal fees.
6. Without social media, not nearly as much money would have been donated to help victims of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan earlier this year.