Whether you’re new to Twitter or a micro-messaging veteran, think twice before you add an outrageous tweeter to the list of people you’re following. Remember that tweets from these accounts will show up in your timeline hourly and that the messages they tweet may send a shock to your system…or at least make you go “hmm.” Here are 10 Tweeters that are not for the faint of heart.
1. @Sn00ki. For those of you who are desensitized because you watch the Jersey Shore, this account may not be thoroughly shocking. But if you’re only peripherally familiar with the tan reality-television phenom, the plethora of exclamation points and ditzy statements are pretty plain outrageous.
2. @FreaksandTweets. This account aims for shock value. Several of this tweeter’s bio lines read, “I tweet about all the freaky things you wanna do, but just don’t wanna say it. I’m X-Rated to the max. Im a straight freak! Love it or hate it!” It’s pretty clear thatsome outrageous tweets are going to follow. And it seems like lots of people “love it!” — the account has more than 48,000 followers.
3. @TerrellOwens. Wide Receiver TO’s Twitter is best read after you’ve had your morning coffee. Whether he’s complimenting his own skills on the field, talking about women, or just revealing the little details of his everyday experience, his frequent updates are outrageous. He even got in big legal trouble last year for tweeting.
4. @TheOnion. You probably already know The Onion as your standard outrageous news source, delivering wacky stories by the truckload. Follow their Twitter for a stream of ridiculous updates.
5. @CharlieSheen. One of the most talked-about celebrities right now, Charlie Sheen also has an active Twitter account that is helping to build his notorious persona. With random, weird tweets like “fastball. the trolls are foaming from their toothless holes. rumor mill abundant with evil gossip. mainstream heretics smirking,” Sheen isn’t for the faint of heart — or at least for someone who likes a little coherence in their Twitter timeline.
6. @JudahWorldChamp. The comedian Judah Friedlander is known for his main line, “I’m the World Champion,” and that has become the repetitive trope of his Twitter account. His tweets are not for the faint of heart simply because he brings the world champion theme into every one — you might just faint of repetition.
7. @JustinBieber. He may be an innocent teenage pop star, but his account is outrageous for the sheer incredibility of the number of followers he has (currently approaching 8 million). Sometimes he just tweets the same thing over and over again.
8. @HuffPostDivorce. On a more serious note, the Huffington Post’s divorce-themed Twitter handle is outrageous in that our society has produced a demand for such an account. Asking followers questions like “Are you a divorce lawyer virgin?”, the account reveals just how central failed marriages are to our social culture.
9. @michaelianblack. Michael Ian Black has no qualms about including bathroom humor, offensive language, or just plain gross statements in his tweets. His account seems engineered to shock people, or at least to break open those established social barriers of decency.
10. @TMZ. And finally, what would an outrageous tweeters list be without including a celebrity gossip source? TMZ is a hot-spot for celebrity news, and it’s kind of outrageous a) how many celebrities do crazy things on a regular basis and b) how much the general population cares about these Hollywood fiascos. But no judgment — we all have a little of the outrageous in us.