Having released ads with zombies, ninjas and woodsmen in recent weeks, Honda and RPA have finally unveiled the furry centerpiece of their new Civic campaign—a spot with a monster shopping for clothes. The ad aired on Glee last night, and frightened people across the land. Here's a sampling of the reactions on Twitter:
• "What's up with this new honda civic commercial? What is that thing supposed to be?"
• "W.T.F. is the hairy character in the Honda Civic commercial??"
• "What the fuck is this hairy-where-the-wild-things-are looking creature doing driving in the Honda Civic commercial?"
• "Why the Fuck is there an ewok in the Honda civic commercial?"
• "The new honda civic commercial w/the furry critter scares the absolute shit out of me guaranteeing i'll never buy a honda."
• "What is this MONSTER in this Honda commercial?! Its fuckin disturbing"
• "WTF? Why is there a giant creepy Gremlin in the new Honda Civic commercial?"
• "What the fuck was that furry troll in the Honda commercial???"
• "Ew wth??!! there's like this ugly furby looking thing on a Honda commercial."
• "Just saw a commercial with a big, hairy, ugly thingy dancing and prancing around town. Who thought that would make me buy a @honda civic?"
• "That was a fuckin Ferbie on that Honda commercial. *freaks out*"
• "I'm pretty sure that honda civic commercial with the beast is a metaphor for fat chicks that own cars."
And perhaps most disturbing of all:
• "I love the pink toenail monster in the honda civic commercial. I'd hit that."