The best dinner of your life. Your next job. The next great startup. All could easily be waiting for you in Chicago.
To those in Chicago, all this is obvious fact. But there’s always been a sort of veil around the city that keeps the rest of the world from appreciating or even understanding the scope of what it has to offer. Perhaps it’s the region’s signature Midwestern humility, or maybe it’s simply a matter of geographic distance from other major urban markets (Chicago is 800 miles from New York and 2,000 from Los Angeles).
Whatever the reason, if you haven’t been paying attention to Chicago, you’ve been missing a hell of a lot. Corporations are moving back downtown from the suburbs, the tech industry is advancing today’s hottest emerging fields, agencies are producing some of the world’s best marketing and the culinary scene—always one of the nation’s best—is absolutely overloaded with inventive food, unique destinations, a legion of craft brewers and much more.
This week, Adweek is digging deep into the world of Chicago’s marketing, media and tech. So be sure to check out these stories in our newest City Spotlight series.
• Meet the 20 Rising Brand Stars helping define Chicago’s success
• Learn how Kraft Heinz is focusing on innovation in both products and marketing
• Get marketing lessons from the Cubs’ dramatic rise to World Series champs
• Discover how a local museum and agency created one of the world’s favorite ads
• Get to know the startups keeping Chicago on the cutting edge of emerging tech
• See how three iconic food chains are keeping their Chicago flavor while growing nationally
• Chicago has nearly 200 breweries and counting. Here’s how they’re adapting
• Read about the history—and disintegration—of the city’s iconic Tribune media empire