Zoosk Puts Go Daddy to Shame With Even Gnarlier Kissing Ad That frog is not much of a prince
Jesse Heiman kissing God's hands—aka, Bar Refaeli's lips—for Go Daddy on the Super Bowl was one thing. Nasty, yes, but not bestial. For the latter, we turn to Zoosk, the dating site previously best known for its lecherous heart-puppet slobbering on a laptop. This new spot takes shock-kissing to a whole new level, as the girl (after a long pause to get up her courage) sloppily makes out with a frog, who unfortunately never turns into a prince. (The thing looks real, too.) It's certainly appalling, but I'd take issue with the direction given to the actress. Wouldn't it be better if she were loving every second of kissing Swamp Thing rather than looking utterly disgusted? See, Go Daddy knew what it was doing after all.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Kawasaki and 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.