Wax on, wax off with Hot Pockets master
Well, I see Hot Pockets has scrapped its chipper housewife jingle (“Whatcha gonna pick? Hot Pockets!”) in favor of Hot Pockets Dojo, a wondrous slice of the Internet where Web surfers can be insulted in the broken English of “the master,” who wishes he was Pat Morita. Oh, it’s also another absurdist non-idea that isn’t funny and wastes your time with trite ethnic stereotypes when it could be telling you that there are about a jillion new varieties of Hot Pockets out there now. Seriously, have you been to the store lately? They’re like rabbits in that freezer. Maybe the best way for Hot Pockets to “stop wasting master’s time” is to get rid of him altogether.
—Posted by David Kiefaber
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Michael Ian Black's Twitter Ad for Dos Equis Does Gangbusters Thanks to All the Haters
- Microsoft Hammers Google in Leaked Parody of a Chrome Ad
- Ad of the Day: Getty Images
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.