Was Your Agency's Horrible Website Written by a Wanker? The ones on this Tumblr were
What could be more creatively and intellectually invigorating than the self-promotional copy produced by ad agencies large and small? Wags might say a lobotomy. And sadly, you might feel like you've had one after visiting Agency Wank, a new Tumblr that collects "the wankiest slogans and text on ad/marketing agency websites." Marvel at the buzzwords, jargon and stupefying incoherence on display! One shop promises that "full pollination, revenue scoping and deep understanding of the market ensure that our partners get the most out of mobile." Another invites prospective clients to "Meet our senior people. All of whom report to the big boss named Idea." One exec claims to take "a Daniel Day-Lewis approach to the client-agency relationship." I picture a brand planner stalking the halls in a stove-pipe hat, reciting the Gettysburg Address from a spreadsheet. Then there's this succinctly self-aware summation of the entire business: "People aren't stupid. Ad agencies are." Tweet submissions to @AgencyWank1, not the similar @AgencyWank, which informs us that while it is "equally annoyed by the wankiness of ad agencies, this account is not the famous one you are looking for." Given the number of wankers in the business, it's not so strange that two such handles exist.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- British Advertising Hits New Low With Commercial Starring Talking Butt Crack
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.