Two Shetland Ponies in Cardigan Sweaters Are Scotland's New Ad Stars Say hello to Fivla and Vitamin
After a rough couple of millennia, Scotland has figured out how to make itself look good to the rest of the world: Just put a couple of Shetland ponies in lovely cardigan sweaters. The folks at VisitScotland got two such ponies, named Fivla and Vitamin, wrapped them in Shetland knitter Doreen Brown's finest extra-large jumpers, and had them photographed by Rob McDougall. The results, you'll agree, are indescribably good.
"Posing in their winter woollies, the ponies were marking the Year of Natural Scotland by sporting some rather plush knitwear that wouldn't seem out of place in any trendy city hangout," the site explains. "It's safe to say both Fivla and Vitamin didn't seem to mind all the attention their custom-made attire brought them."
Next time, kilts. More images below. Via Laughing Squid.
- ESPN Lays Off More Than 100 Employees
- ESPN's Cherie Cohen Headed to NBCUniversal to Focus on Cable
- Digital Dignitaries Debate Display's Death
- Cramer-Krasselt Beats the Odds to Keep Porsche
- Mayer Talks Tumblr Plans, Unveils New Flickr
- Spotify Launches Music Charts
- NBC Makes Bet on Fake Reality
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
- Nutella Thanks Its Biggest Fan, Founder of World Nutella Day, by Sending Her a Cease-and-Desist
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Pinterest Adds Advertiser-Friendly Features
- Fast Chat: Jann Wenner
- Advertising Student Ships His Pants to Kmart's Agency, Lands Internship
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- WPP Created One Big Digital Shop From 8 Smaller Ones
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.