Two Shetland Ponies in Cardigan Sweaters Are Scotland's New Ad Stars Say hello to Fivla and Vitamin
After a rough couple of millennia, Scotland has figured out how to make itself look good to the rest of the world: Just put a couple of Shetland ponies in lovely cardigan sweaters. The folks at VisitScotland got two such ponies, named Fivla and Vitamin, wrapped them in Shetland knitter Doreen Brown's finest extra-large jumpers, and had them photographed by Rob McDougall. The results, you'll agree, are indescribably good.
"Posing in their winter woollies, the ponies were marking the Year of Natural Scotland by sporting some rather plush knitwear that wouldn't seem out of place in any trendy city hangout," the site explains. "It's safe to say both Fivla and Vitamin didn't seem to mind all the attention their custom-made attire brought them."
Next time, kilts. More images below. Via Laughing Squid.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Lucky Charms Does Giant Bong Hit, Unleashes Auto-Tune Leprechaun
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
- Creak, Crack, Crunch. Local Chiropractor's Goofy Ad Is Painful to Watch
- Fitness Company's Video Goes Viral Thanks to Dude Taking a Dump in the Background
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.