Two Old Ladies Now Running Social Media for Kraft Mac & Cheese CP+B launches 'Old Birds, New Tweets'
Old people are funny. They don't understand what's going on! This is an advertising truism going back to Clara Peller and beyond. Now, Kraft is getting in on the action, handing over the Twitter and Facebook pages for its Macaroni & Cheese brand for a couple of days to two humorously out-of-it octogenarians—Frankie, 87, and Dottie, 86. Some of the tweets so far seem suspiciously perfect ("just learned about planking. anybody know what it means?"), but I suppose we have to take them at their word. A fun piece of an ongoing great campaign by Crispin Porter + Bogusky. More videos after the jump. Here's more from the agency: "As part of the 75th anniversary celebration of KRAFT Mac & Cheese, we're turning our social network—Twitter, Facebook and YouTube—over to two 'Old Birds' we hired who've been eating Mac & Cheese for 75 years. They will be our temporary social media managers, having started yesterday, Tuesday, April 10, and going to Thursday, April 12. They'll be Tweeting, posting pictures/videos, commenting on trending topics, RTing and responding to @replies. During the three days, anyone can interact with the two ladies, named Frankie and Dottie, by Tweeting to @kraftmacncheese or using #oldbirdsnewtweets."
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.