Talking stomach and wallet pine for Fazoli's
Most folks who eat out at restaurants bring their wallets and stomachs along, but usually not as their dining companions who occupy seats at the table and take part in dinner conversations. The Fazoli's spot above, from Bohan Advertising & Marketing, set at a non-Fazoli's restaurant, doesn't stop there, however. The waiter beats the crap out of the wallet, not so subtly symbolizing other eateries' brutal prices. (These restaurant commercials are getting rough. I thought this kind of violence was confined to D'Angelo's ads!) And of course, the stomach complains that it doesn't like the food. I guess you could say it starts bellyaching (ha ha!). And that, unfortunately, might explain the mighty wind that blows away the competition in the chain's followup spot below.
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Kawasaki and 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.