Ooh! Aah! What a banner
We’ve written about Crispin Porter + Bogusky’s online advertising for Virgin Atlantic before—specifically, the “complimentary weird dream interpreter.” But as we were checking our Yahoo! e-mail this morning, we spied the curious banner shown here. Moving our cursor across it, the hands moved invitingly. A click here and a click there brought forth moaning sounds. “Ooh!” “A bit to the right.” “Right there!” “Aah!” We were sort of glad we were at home and not at the office. You can check out the ad here (thanks, Jeff), and also see what other kinds of “inflight beauty therapy” Virgin offers in addition to massage by clicking here. Anyway, is it just us, or do the Yahoo! mail pages host some of the cooler banner ads out there? Maybe it’s just us.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Nearly Half of Second-Gen Hispanics Feel Like Ads Don't Target Them
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.