More Tasteless Ads That Never Ran: The 2012 Chip Shop Awards Vote now for your favorites
It's time again for the Chip Shop Awards, the one advertising award show that doesn't care whether the ads actually ran or not—or indeed, if you even work for the clients whose ads you're submitting. This has limited value, of course, but at least it leads to some humorous executions. (The categories include Best Use of Shocking Copy, Best Politically Incorrect and Best Use of Bad Taste.) The 2012 finalists have been chosen. This year's entries seem a bit lacking. There's nothing quite on the level of last year's Michael J. Fox and Piers Morgan/Justin Bieber ads. Still, some of them might provoke a guilty chuckle. Check out more of this year's finalists after the jump, and vote for your favorites over at the website.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.