Kevin Butler Quits PlayStation for Career in Flooring 'Commercials? We'll see,' he says
When there's no room to move up, it's time to look down. At the carpet. That's where Kevin Butler, the "vp of everything" at Sony PlayStation, has decided to focus his career, according to his recent Twitter announcements. "A man can only be made vp so many times," the fictional corporate spokesman writes. "KB's off to be PRESIDENT of my uncle's new upstart company." The new employer is Economy Flooring, and president he is—president of the "Shag Division," president of wood stains, president of bamboo expansion, president of planking, and president of just about everything else, according to the various business cards in his current Twitter background. He's still making references to PlayStation 3 games, so chances are good this is just a blatant attempt by Deutsch/LA to revive the buzz for their much-loved character, just as Wieden + Kennedy recently did for the Old Spice Guy. "Thanks for all the well-wishes. Yes, as president of a flooring company I'll be hiring but please no job apps yet. Commercials? We'll see," he writes. If this puts more ammo in the Kevin Butler hilarity arsenal, we're all for it.
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Pinterest Plays Coy on Ads, but Expect Commerce to Lead
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.