Jack Bauer Bakes the Hell Out of Cupcakes in Killer Laptop Ad Kiefer Sutherland's latest commercial gig
Kiefer Sutherland gives a fun performance, reviving his Jack Bauer persona from 24, as he bakes cupcakes in this 90-second spot punctuated by car chases, explosions, the actor's trademark intense gravelly line delivery and … butter-cream frosting. Mother in London created the cinema and online effort, which touts Acer's Aspire 35 Ultrabook and, according to the client, marks the first in a series showing celebrities using the super-slim laptop to indulge their hidden passions. (Get Aaron Paul, bitches!) Though tasty, this initial serving with Kiefer—a brand-friendly actor last seen pining for a lost love in Axe's "Susan Glenn" spot—seems a tad undercooked in terms of brand ID. Agency and client might want to add a pinch more product info for subsequent batches.
- Kawasaki And 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.