Hiking Pennsylvania? Watch for Weavers.
Pennsylvania has "more paths than anywhere," which apparently makes it a car-free wonderland for synchronized zig-zagging cyclists. For its new TV spots promoting the state’s trail offerings, Philly agency Red Tettemer created the Weavers, a noticeably unathletic team of riders devoted to weaving across paths. That’s usually not an activity embraced by the sober, and it wouldn’t endear them to hikers. But it is a clever way to jazz up what could be a pretty dull tourism pitch. You can check out the 60-second TV spot, or get a full taste of “the world between your legs” in this five-minute mockumentary.
—Posted by David Griner
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.