HBO and Ommegang Brew Up 'Game of Thrones' Beers First is Iron Throne Blonde Ale
To capitalize on what Forbes calls the "upscale geek" market, HBO and Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, N.Y., are collaborating on a line of Game of Thrones beers that will hit stores in 2013. So far, only an Iron Throne Blonde Ale has been announced, but we've been assured others are coming. One would think a Lemoncakes Pale Ale would be in order, followed by a Joffrey Is a Douche Lager and—keeping the series' grim atmosphere in mind—an All the Characters You Like Are Going to Die Imperial Stout.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- How AT&T Got Kids to Make Some of the Year's Best Ads
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.