HBO and Ommegang Brew Up 'Game of Thrones' Beers First is Iron Throne Blonde Ale
To capitalize on what Forbes calls the "upscale geek" market, HBO and Brewery Ommegang in Cooperstown, N.Y., are collaborating on a line of Game of Thrones beers that will hit stores in 2013. So far, only an Iron Throne Blonde Ale has been announced, but we've been assured others are coming. One would think a Lemoncakes Pale Ale would be in order, followed by a Joffrey Is a Douche Lager and—keeping the series' grim atmosphere in mind—an All the Characters You Like Are Going to Die Imperial Stout.
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- PETA's Incredibly Lifelike CGI Ape Begs You Never to Use Real Ones in Ads Again
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.