Game of Thrones Takes Over HBO's Manhattan Storefront Get your fix in between seasons
Christmakwanzakah comes once a year, but dire wolf bookends are forever. And if you're a Game of Thrones fanatic, that piece of swag may be a must-have. HBO, like most entertainment companies, hopes to spark an end-of-the-year buying frenzy for its licensed merchandise. Broad swords make fantastic stocking stuffers! In the case of the hugely popular (but not currently airing) drama Game of Thrones, HBO is drawing attention to the period piece with a product-heavy window display at its flagship Manhattan store. Against an LED screen of the show's forbidding White Wall, fans can ogle a Daenerys Targaryen sculpted bust (with baby dragon, without boobies), a paperweight shaped like the series' namesake kingly chair, and vinyl bobbleheads that look considerably less threatening than the TV characters. For those still mourning the death of Khal Drogo, there's a signature mug from whence to drink some mead (or fancy coffee when no one's looking). Until Season 3 launches in March, this stuff is all fans have to keep them warm. (See: House Stark fleece throw.) That, and this recently released teaser video, which shows filming locations in Ireland, Morocco and Iceland.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- 16-Year-Old Media Mogul Tavi Gevinson Is Expanding Her Empire
- Banking Mobile Apps Used by 58% of Consumers
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.