Fiat Raps About Motherhood and Faking Orgasms Echoes of Toyota's Swagger Wagon
In the U.K., mommies apparently don't rock gas-guzzling minivans. They go for cute little Fiat 500Ls. So, to entice them, Fiat has released yet another example of the hilarity that is white people rapping. This particular rap, created by Krow Communications, fits into the recently popular subgenre of gangsta parents. Called "The Motherhood," the campaign is a blatant redux of Toyota's "Swagger Wagon," which was a viral success for the Sienna minivan. But the Fiat spot is sufficiently well-written to have already reached almost 2 million views in a couple of weeks. Unlike the Sienna campaign, here we have a mom who rolls alone—there's not a dad in sight. Maybe that's because she also admits to being an orgasm-faker. It's more self-deprecating, too, which I attribute to the British sense of humor. Having recently become part of the target market, I confess that this appeals to me greatly. As does the idea of zipping about in an adorable tiny Fiat as opposed to a van so large it requires a camera to keep me from running over my child when I back up. But how this MILF fits herself, Dad and those three kids into the four-seat Fiat 500L is a total mystery.
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Teenage Boys Are Suddenly Pregnant in Chicago's Striking PSA Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.