Fergie Leads Charge for Voter Registration in Music-Video PSA Will unmarried women feel the L.O.V.E.?
Here are a couple of little-known factoids: 1) There's a day devoted to voter registration dubbed, appropriately enough, National Voter Registration Day. It's Sept. 25, which is Tuesday. And 2) 63 percent of unmarried women, people of color and young adults aren't registered to vote, even though they make up 53 percent of the eligible voting population. Unmarried women, who number about 20 million, by the Voter Participation Center's headcount, make up the largest group of non-voters in the country. Those figures have to be especially interesting, and alarming, to Democrats, though the public-service spot below—raising awarness of National Voter Registration Day—is strictly non-partisan. The "L.O.V.E. Let One Voice Emerge" music video is packed with celebrities like Fergie, Sheila E., Kate Walsh, Seth Green and Patti Austin, who co-wrote the earnest original song. It's a toe-tapper, if not exactly chart-topping material, with a clear message about the power of every voice. The question is, Will the right people be listening?
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.