Eva Mendes next up in PETA fur campaign
PETA has gotten another celebrity, Eva Mendes, to take her clothes off. According to some reports, PETA is holding some kind of launch event with Mendes on Thursday in Rockefeller Plaza—but police have reportedly asked the group not to reveal the exact time, fearing a “mob scene.” It’s currently 23 degrees in New York, so it’s doubtful Mendes will strip down at the event. And with the gigantic tree up now in the Plaza, hopes of avoiding a mob scene should have long since evaporated. Mendes says she was inspired to do the ad by her beloved pet dog. “Killing a poor animal and wearing her fur isn’t cool,” she says. “Respecting all life forms is cool.”
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.