Discovery Channel still loves the world a lot
Eighteen months ago, the Discovery Channel made people very happy with its "I Love the World" commercial, in which the network's talent sang about their passion for life, the universe and everything. The promo did so well (4.5 million views on this YouTube version alone) that they've gotten the agency, 72andSunny, to do a sequel. Same song, different visuals. Still catchy. The tagline remains, "The world is just awesome."
—Posted by Tim Nudd
Previously on AdFreak:
Discovery Channel is just thrilled to be alive
- Yahoo Board Approves $1.1 Billion Tumblr Purchase
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Better Eyewear Means Fewer Dead Cats, Says Amusing Specsavers Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Michael Ian Black's Twitter Ad for Dos Equis Does Gangbusters Thanks to All the Haters
- Buyers Enthusiastic About Fall TV Prospects
- Your Rich Friends Don't Really Want to See You in Person, Says Report
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.