Charlie Sheen's first paid tweet is a #winner
Judging from his Twitter numbers and the continued media frenzy surrounding his every move, Charlie Sheen is now the most important person on the face of the Earth. Kate Middleton must be fuming! In just 48 hours, Chuck pulled in more than 400,000 clicks for his Ad.ly tweet sponsorship of Internships.com, and by late yesterday, the firm received almost 75,000 applications from folks angling for an eight-week internship with the troubled TV star. Sheen's ad begins: "Do you have #TigerBlood? Are you all about #Winning? Can you #PlanBetter than anyone else? If so, we want you on #TeamSheen as our social media #TigerBloodIntern!" Holy hashtags, is this rummy down with the social or what? Sheen claims to have "TigerBlood" in his veins that protects him from evil. I wouldn't be surprised by anything found racing through his system. As Charlie's intern, "You will learn how to promote and develop the social media network of Hollywood's most trending celebrity." Translation: You'll be scoring drugs for da man. The application deadline is Friday, with résumés due Monday. Emilio Estevez should apply—the buzz could make my dream of a Mighty Ducks 4 a reality. Of course, that fucking Chrysler twit also needs work.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.