Angels doing OK under new name
Maybe the Anaheim Angels were on to something last winter by changing their name to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. People are still making fun of the “rebranding,” of course, but Angels fans are the ones laughing now. (Those special-edition Los Angeles Dodgers of Los Angeles caps look kind of silly now, too.) Angels ownership said the name change was about developing a broader fan base. And indeed, the team had a record attendance this season. Of course, it didn’t hurt that the product this year has been top-notch.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- Kawasaki And 'Lone Ranger' Ride Together in Multifaceted Campaign
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Droga5 Gives Qantas Fliers Paperbacks That Last Just as Long as the Flight
- Introducing Beardvertising: Tiny Billboards That Clip on to Your Beard
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.