66 Great Movie Taglines From the Past 30 Years
We've combed through the last 30 years of movie marketing and selected our 66 favorite film taglines from that period. The cut-off of 1980 means we've left out what many consider the greatest movie tagline ever—"In space, no one can hear you scream," Alien, 1979—but there's plenty here to chew on. Berate us in comments for everything we left out.
"The longer you wait, the harder it gets."
"Whoever wins, we lose."
"The bitch is back."
"Eight legs, two fangs, and an attitude."
"Earth. It was fun while it lasted."
"Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas."
"Her life was in their hands. Now her toe is in the mail."
"Everyone has one special thing."
"War is hell ... but peace is f*#!%!! boring."
"The true story of a real fake."
"Escape or die frying."
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Nikola Tesla Takes Down Silicon Valley VCs, but Will It Get Him a Statue?
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.