66 Great Movie Taglines From the Past 30 Years
We've combed through the last 30 years of movie marketing and selected our 66 favorite film taglines from that period. The cut-off of 1980 means we've left out what many consider the greatest movie tagline ever—"In space, no one can hear you scream," Alien, 1979—but there's plenty here to chew on. Berate us in comments for everything we left out.
"The longer you wait, the harder it gets."
"Whoever wins, we lose."
"The bitch is back."
"Eight legs, two fangs, and an attitude."
"Earth. It was fun while it lasted."
"Trapped in time. Surrounded by evil. Low on gas."
"Her life was in their hands. Now her toe is in the mail."
"Everyone has one special thing."
"War is hell ... but peace is f*#!%!! boring."
"The true story of a real fake."
"Escape or die frying."
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Online Video Ads Have Higher Impact Than TV Ads
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- Meet the Most Suspect Publishers on the Web
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.