10 Great TV Spots Directed by Wes Anderson Classics for Stella Artois, Ikea, AmEx and more
2012 is shaping up to be a big year for Wes Anderson. His new movie, Moonrise Kingdom, will open the Cannes Film Festival next month. And in his spare time, the 42-year-old director has been busy with a fairly consistent hobby—shooting TV commercials through Moxie Pictures. Already this year he's directed two Hyundai ads and a global spot for Sony Mobile. But these are just his most recent commercials. Past efforts include a trippy Stella Artois ad (co-directed with Roman Coppola), a Japanese ad with Brad Pitt, a truly strange series of Ikea spots, and one of the great American Express ads ever. Check out 10 of his greatest hits at this link:
- Embattled P&G CEO Out, Replaced by Predecessor
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- JCPenney One of 10 Brands Predicted to Die in Next Year
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- NSA Media Creates Alliance With Wishabi
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital From Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Jell-O Hijacks Twitter's Profane #FML Hashtag, Changes It to Mean 'Fun My Life'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Justin Bieber Is Sad About a Lot of Things, but Probably Not the Teen Employment Rate
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.