What day of the week is the best for brands to post on Facebook? What time of day is the best for brands to post on Facebook? And does it really matter? Email marketing software provider Yesmail became the latest on a long list of companies trying to answer those questions.
In terms of which day was the best, Yesmail found that:
- Campaigns deployed on Tuesdays earned the highest engagement, even though Tuesday ranked fourth in terms of number of deployed campaigns.
- The lowest number of deployed campaigns is during the weekend (is this really a surprise?).
- The number of deployed campaigns per weekday varied month-to-month, but over the three-month period tracked by Yesmail, the most utilized days of the week were Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
- Fridays showed the most consistent campaign volume, making Friday the most popular deployment day over the entire period.
- Saturday, Tuesday, and Friday emerged as the most engaging days of the week within each individual month tracked by Yesmail.
And as for time of day:
- Campaigns deployed between 10 p.m. and midnight ET were an “engagement goldmine,” but based on volume, this time slot was the least utilized for deployment (go and figure). Yesmail explained that the 20 brands it analyzed largely focus on college students, who tend to be awake during that time period.
- The least engaging time of day to deploy a campaign was from 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. ET (well, duh!).
- The most popular time of day to deploy campaigns was between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET, but this time slot was in the bottom 30 percent in terms of engagement.
Readers: Do you think an optimal day and time for brands to post on Facebook actually exists?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.