The newly revised, expanded, and hot-off-the-press Facebook Marketing Bible: 39+ Ways to Market Your Brand, Company, Product, or Service Inside Facebook – December 2008 Edition is now available!
Originally launched one year ago, this marks the official 2nd Anniversary Edition of the Facebook Marketing Bible! It’s been a busy year – a dozen monthly updates and a recently announced French translation – La Bible du Marketing sur Facebook!
The Facebook Marketing Bible has been purchased by hundreds of agencies, marketers, social application developers, entrepreneurs, and educators, and is the leading resource on Facebook marketing today.
The densely-packed Facebook Marketing Bible contains three detailed sections: Tools for Guerilla Marketers, Tools for Advertisers, and Tools for Application Developers. Each part outlines the best available channels and strategies for reaching your audience inside Facebook. Please see the full table of contents below.
The December 2008 edition includes updates on the following topics:
- The latest details on Facebook Connect – including how webmasters and media companies can leverage Facebook Connect to get more registered users and drive more traffic to their site. Facebook Connect allows websites to integrate Facebook’s identity system and viral channels directly into their site, opening massive new marketing opportunities for companies who want to tap into the power of Facebook.
- Updates on Facebook Pages and how they relate to your SEO strategy. Facebook has recently been heavily investing in internal SEO tactics to drive up Facebook Pages in Google results. The effects? More traffic will be hitting Facebook Pages in the coming months, and brands should be prepared with a Page marketing strategy.
- The latest on Demographic Restrictions and how they affect advertisers and application developers. The changes that Facebook announced earlier this year regarding alcohol sales and other demographic restrictions went into a few weeks ago. In addition, a new policy is going into affect on January 9 that could affect hundreds of advertisers and game developers. Learn all about the details here.
- The viral dynamics of photo tagging. A new tactic is becoming increasingly common amongst aggressive grassroots Facebook marketers: tag spamming. Learn how marketers are using Facebook Photos to get their brands spread throughout Facebook – and which ones are likely to last.
- New details on Facebook’s application verification program and its impact on viral channel access. Building a Facebook application that is trustworthy? Facebook’s new application verification program offers additional exposure within the site to those who apply. The catch? There is a small fee.
- Plus, updates on application email capabilities, Facebook for iPhone, and more.
For those interested in learning more, click the purchase link above. The price is $49, or $59 with three months of free updates emailed directly to your inbox. As always, please make suggestions if you’d like to see more attention paid to any topic!
Table of Contents
I. Tools for Guerilla Marketers
1. Profile Page
- Strategy: What about spamming existing groups?
- Strategy: Groups and Pages are very similar. Which makes more sense?
- Strategy: I’ve just created a Page. How do I promote it?
- Group to Page Migration
- Guidelines for Promoting Pages Outside Facebook
- Official vs Unofficial Pages
- Pages and SEO
- Ways Page Owners Can Restrict Content for Underage Users
- More Features Coming Soon
- Events API
- Events SEO
5. Notes and Photos
- The Viral Dynamics of Photo Tagging
- Photos as a Facebook Marketing Channel: Opportunities and Limitations
8. Share / Posted Items
9. Mini Feed and News Feed
10. Feed Importing
> Data: Tracking Facebook’s International Growth by Country
> Data: Latest US Facebook Age and Gender Demographics
> Recommended Strategies for Guerilla Marketers
II. Tools for Advertisers
11. Social Ads
- Summary of ad units available to Facebook advertisers
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
- Social Video Ads
- Sponsored Virtual Gifts
- Events Ads
- Pages Ads
- Advertising in the New Facebook News Feed
- Advertising on the Profile Page (and other pages)
- Sponsorship Units on the New Facebook Home Page
12. Virtual Gifts
- The Future of Virtual Gifts on Facebook
13. Localization Opportunities
14. Integrated Opportunities
17. Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Ad Networks
- What eCPMs do apps charge? Data from Facebook application developers
18. Facebook Platform Application Sponsorships
- List of Leading Facebook Platform Sponsorship Resellers/Rep Firms
- Strategy: Why sponsor applications when I can sponsor Facebook itself?
19. Sponsored Facebook Groups
> Recommended Strategies for Advertisers
III. Tools for Application Developers
20. Profile Box
- Strategy: Where do most new application users come from?
- 5 Things Developers May Not Know About the Facebook Redesign
- Profile Integration: Tour of New Facebook App Settings
21. Application Tabs
22. Application Info Sections
23. Designing Feed Stories
- Strategy: Designing High Performance Feed Items
- News Feed Optimization: Strategies and Techniques
24. Feeds 2.0
- Feed Forms
- Feed Clustering
- Action Links
25. Feed Publisher
- Publishing in the Feed with Feed Comments
26. Requests / Invitations
- Policy Updates: Requiring Invites to Access Hidden Features, Offering Incentives for Invites, Ads on Profile Page Prohibited
- Strategy: Facebook’s Evolving Approach to Platform Governance
27. Facebook Notifications
- Chat Integration: Facebook Wants More Synchronous Notifications
- Policy Update: Bulk Pre-Selection Prohibited
- Spammy Affiliate Marketers Sure to be Shut Down
28. Email Notifications
- Updates: Email’s Status as Core Application Marketing Channel in Doubt
29. Application Bookmarks
30. Application Directory
31. Status Update Source
32. Demographic Restrictions
33. Verification and Certification
- Great Apps Program
- Application Verification
- Data: Stats on Facebook Apps Built for International Markets
- Tutorial: Translating Your Applications Using Facebook’s Crowd-sourced Translation Service
35. Facebook Connect
- Overview: Integrating Facebook Connect with Your Website
- Related: Google Friend Connect
36. Analytics Tools
- List of Leading Third-Party Facebook Platform Analytics Providers
- New Metrics for Developers with Facebook Profile Redesign
37. Search Engine Optimization
- Facebook for iPhone and Connect for iPhone
39. Customer Service
> Poll: Which viral channels do Facebook users hate most about apps?
> Recommended Strategies for Application Developers