The infographic below by Invesp breaks down the major social networks’ impact on online shopping.
– 4 in 10 social media users have purchased an item online or in-store after sharing it or marking it as a favorite on Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest.
– 50% of those purchases take place within a week; 80% take place within 3 weeks.
– 71% of consumers are more likely to make a purchase based on social media referrals.
– Twitter is the most influential for tech purchases, and the least influential for gardening and decor.
– The top 2 ways Twitter helps solidify purchase decisions are: purchase location identification and product discovery.