There’s no denying that social media has revolutionized the way that we interact with one another, but it’s also turned into an obsession for many of us, taking over all areas of our lives through incessant check-ins, status updates, likes, shares and more. A fun new infographic from Column Five explores the obsessive habits that sites like Twitter and Facebook often lead to help you answer the question, ‘Do You Need A Social Media Detox?’
The infographic covers 10 signs and symptoms that could signify that you are in need of a social media detox. Do any of the following ten signs apply to you?
- Do you find yourself talking in “Tweet Speak” even when you aren’t on Twitter?
- Do you suffer from “Thumbs-Up Paralysis” from all that liking?
- Do you get depressed when your tweets aren’t re-tweeted enough?
- In real life conversations do you spell out words like L-O-L, W-T-F and L-M-A-O?
- Are you still hoarding old social networking accounts on sites like Myspace and Friendster?
- Do you go out of your way to become mayor of as many local hangouts as possible?
- Does playing Farmville make you feel like a real life farmer?
- Do you get ENRAGED when one of your frequented social networks is down?
- Do you spend all your spare cash on new devices that allow you to update all your social networks at once?
- Do you slip into a paranoid psychosis when you don’t have your iPhone, iPad, laptop, Droid or other mobile device nearby to check up on your social networks?
Find out more about each of these social media obsession symptoms in the awesome infographic below, and let us know in the comments whether you are in need of a social media detox. Which of these signs do you suffer from most?
Megan O’Neill is the resident web video enthusiast here at Social Times. Megan covers everything from the latest viral videos to online video news and tips, and has a passion for bizarre, original and revolutionary content and ideas.