Moontoast, a Facebook Preferred Marketing Developer, announced today that 5 of the company’s campaigns have been nominated for Facebook Studio Awards. The awards showcase the brands and agencies making the best advertising work on the social network.
Award winners will be announced next quarter. Moontoast’s award-nominated campaigns included work for five major brands: Toyota Boys & Girls Club, Toyota Tundra Instagram, Nissan October Car Care, VEVO Latin Music and Nestlé Häagen-Dazs.
Carol Glennon, Vice President of Customer Experience for Moontoast, commented on the news in a press release:
Facebook’s Studio Awards shine a light on brands that have mastered techniques in compelling art direction, creative storytelling and engaging user content, and we are excited to have so many of our campaigns recognized for the 2014 Awards. … Every day, for every client, Moontoast pushes the creative and technical limits of Facebook’s digital platform to turn content into storytelling opportunities. Our campaigns all focus on driving business, on driving conversation, and becoming embedded in the way people use social media which, when it works, highlight the power of Facebook.
Here’s a look at the campaigns that earned nominations:
- Toyota Boys & Girls Club: Moontoast was tasked with raising $200,000 for the Boys & Girls Club of America through social giving. In partnership with Saatchi & Saatchi LA, Moontoast created a mobile optimized rich media unit with a very clear call to action: inspire Toyota fans across multiple social channels to spread awareness and make donations. By featuring Toyota’s Winter Event campaign spokesperson reaching out to users and requesting donations, along with a map of the U.S. featuring Shares ‘hotspots,” Toyota’s $200K goal was achieved within four weeks, with 4.57 million impressions, 18K Facebook ‘Likes,’ 14.6K ad unit click-throughs and 21K Likes, Shares and Comments.
- Toyota Tundra Instagram: Moontoast’s goals were to increase brand awareness and product education by driving Likes and Shares around the Toyota Tundra through a hosted Instagram video gallery. A first for Instagram, Moontoast custom designed a Social Rich Media ad allowing fans to fluidly move through the best Instagram videos of the 2014 Toyota Tundra, and tell a fuller story via micro-insta-video content. The fully mobile supported ad took advantage of consumer’s browsing behavior on mobile devices, and resulted in approximately 4,000 ad click-throughs, 15,601 interactions, 3.9 interactions per open and 1,610 Facebook Likes, Shares and Comments.
- Nissan October Car Care: For Nissan, Moontoast was tasked with driving awareness of a sweepstakes campaign and service bookings to convert registrants to Maintenance for Life members, locate ‘orphaned’ VINs and match them to new contacts. A mobile optimized ‘countdown’ Social Rich Media ad was built linked to Book Service and a Facebook Event asking fans to RSVP, plus geo-targeting of U.S. Nissan owners. The results: 744 Facebook registrants (surpassing ALL registrants captured in 2012 from all channels); 91% conversion rate on mobile; 135 orphaned VINs identified; 18:1 ROI and contributions to approximately $35 million in aftersales service revenue.
- VEVO Hottest Latino Music Videos of Summer: Moontoast was tasked with engaging social audiences – spreading awareness, driving click-throughs and voting conversions – for the voting campaign of 10 popular artist videos, to ultimately name the Hottest Latino Music Video of Summer. Moontoast created a voting social rich media unit for the campaign with mobile-first quality visuals to maintain the brank look and feel for VEVO, and allow users to deeply interact with artist galleries, without ever having to leave Facebook. The campaign gave consumers and brands real-time results, and drove approximately 88,000 ad expansion, a 13.69% click-through rate, 44.8% voting conversion and a total of 30,000 votes.
- Nestlé Häagen-Dazs® Vote For Your Favorite Treat: Designed to engage Häagen-Dazs social fans and drive top-of-mind awareness while promoting a new partnership with Momofuku Milk Bar chef, Christina Tosi, Moontoast build a mobile-optimized social rich media unit delivered in Facebook’s News Feed. Featuring five unique recipes, the campaign encouraged fans to browse the gallery and vote for their favorite. A “thank you” page then drove users to the Häagen-Dazs Tumblr page to download recipes. The campaign reached 1.2 million users with 90% of its traffic coming from mobile.