Facebook’s efforts to simplify its advertising offerings appear to have been extended to terminology, as sources told sister blog Inside Facebook that the term “page post” is being removed from the names of its ad units, although the units themselves are not changing.
According to Inside Facebook:
- Page post photo ads will be known as photo ads.
- Page post video ads will become video ads.
- Page post link ads will be referred to as link ads or multiproduct ads.
- Page post text ads and page post status ads will become simply text ads.
- Page post offer ads will be known as offer ads.
- Domain ads will become link ads.
According to Inside Facebook, the social network hopes to complete the new naming process for U.S. and U.K. English by the end of June, with an eye toward switching other languages over during the third quarter.
Inside Facebook also reported that Facebook told marketers the documentation for its ads application-programming interface will be updated by the end of the month, as well.
Readers: What do you think of the simplified names for Facebook ad units?
Image courtesy of Shutterstock.