Hiring in the social gaming industry was up sharply this week, with 12 companies reporting 24 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with 10 hires. Despite the flurry of activity, there were no high-profile hires to report this week.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Thomas Jung, Art Director — Our hires roundup starts the week off with a promotion for Jung, who was previously a lead concept artist at Disney Playdom.
- Clay Zhong, Software Engineer — Zhong was also a software engineer at Augmentum before joining the Playfish team.
- Annie Dickerson, Designer — Dickerson was previously the lead designer at Digido Interactive.
- Jim Otermat, Game Developer — Otermat was a flash developer at 6waves Lolapps.
- David Dawson, 3D Art Lead – A pair of hires for Kabam. First up is Dawson, who was a lead environment artist / senior artist at Secret Level/Sega.
- Thomas Baxter, Player Experience Agent — Baxter also works at the University of Colorado.
- Evan Jones, Gameplay Engineer — Jones was also a gameplay engineer at 6waves Lolapps.
- Sean Po, Software Developer Intern – A promotion this week at Kontagent. Po was previously a Back-end Engineer Co-op at the company.
- Caulder Bradford, Software Engineer – Bradford comes from IQ212, where he was a lead Flash engineer.
- Eyup Citci, Software Engineer — Two hires for Peak Games. Citci was a team leader at Mynet.
- Tolga Firatoglu, Lead Software Developer — Firatoglu starts his career at Peak.
- Pablo Varela, Software Engineer — Varela was formerly the director of architecture at EA Playfish.
- Phillip Runyan, Marketing Consultant — Runyan makes the jump from Double Down Interactive where he was the senior marketing manager.
- Xavier Manuel Ruiz, Community Manager – Ruiz was previously a Colaborador at RAC 1.
- Steven Noble, QA Engineer I — Zynga dominates our roundup with 10 new hires. First up is Noble, who worked in functionality quality assurance at THQ.
- Jon Weber, QA Manager — Weber was previously the senior manager and scrum master at Avid Technology.
- Christopher Coster, Senior Software Engineer — Zynga picks up three former 6waves Lolapps employees. Coster was a senior software developer at the company.
- Hans Park, Concept Artist — Park was also a concept artist at 6waves Lolapps.
- Tian Han, Software Engineer — Han was a game developer at 6waves Lolapps.
- Dan Alioto, Art Producer — Alioto comes from enVie Interactive, where he was a producer.
- John Mathew, Associate Product Manager — Mathew was a software engineer – team lead at L&T Infotech before joining Zynga’s Indian team.
- Nikhil Kurian, Associate Product Manager — Kurian was previously a DSP software engineer at Analog Devices.
- Aihua Liu, Software Engineer — Liu comes from Supertech Shanghai, where he was also a software engineer.
- Pavan Madhini, Content Writer — Finally we have Madnini, who was a management associate at Carpe Diem Marketing in India.