Hiring in the social gaming industry was up significantly this week, with eight companies reporting 27 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Nordeus and Game Insight reported the most activity.
There were several high profile hires this week. FiveOneNine Games brought on Aren Arakelyan as its director of business intelligence and Game Insight announced it had hired Anne Meffre as its head of US operations and John Kopp as director of public relations.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Courtney Garvin, Artist – Garvin comes from Lizard Brain Animation, where she was a 2D animator.
- Aren Arakelyan, Director of Business Intelligence – Aren was previously was a professor of mathematics and statistics at North Carolina Central University.
- Bob Parr, Lead Artist – Three hires at GameHouse’s Victoria studio. Parr was previously an art director at Disney.
- Harry Kim, Flash Developer - Kim was previously a flash developer at eTraffic Solutions.
- Teresa Johnson, Game Artist – Finally Johnson was formerly a storyboard artist at Global Mechanic.
- Anne Meffre, Head of US Operations – Game Insight takes the wraps off its US staff this week. Meffre was previously the CEO at Glamlist.com
- John Kopp, Director of Public Relations – Kopp comes from High Road Communications, where he was the senior account executive.
- Andrew Park, Brand Manager – Park comes aboard as brand manager from a position as the managing editor at CBS interactive.
- Laura Casey, Marketing Manager – Casey was formerly a publicist at One PR Studio.
- Andrea Lupina, Event Manager - Lupina was formerly an assistant community director at FPI Management.
- Erick Caceres, QA Manager – Caceres was a QC localization specialist at Netflix.
Nordeus announces 13 hires this week, bringing its total headcount to 50.
- The company has hired: Dimitrije Radojević, Dejan Keri, Aleksandar Milanović, Aleksandar Aleksić, Simo Kosanović, Miloš Netković, Djordje Vukovic, Tomislav Rakić and Strahinja Popović as Engineers. All are from the University of Belgrade.
- Jovana Gajic, Business Development Manager – Gajic also joins the Nordeus team. She was previously an associate at PwC.
- Suzana Ignjatovic, French Customer Support Agent - Ignjatovic was formerly a reseracher at the Serbian Institute of Social Sciences.
- Bojan Marić, Russian Customer Support Agent - Marić joins as a russian customer support agent.
- Ana Celeste Alemida Vieira, Portuguese Customer Support Agent – Vieira also joins the Nordeus team as a customer support agent.
- Dominique Ducharme, Recruiter – Ducharme was previously a human resources advisor at Cirque du Soleil.
- Viktor Lidholt, Senior Software Engineer – A trio of hires for Zynga this week. Lidholt was the lead game developer at Stardoll.
- Jing Ji, Software Engineer – Ji was previously an iOS developer at renren.com.
- Jagan Mohan, QA Engineer – Mohan was formerly a Sr. authoring engineer at Technicolor.