Hiring in the social gaming industry was down this week, with eight companies reporting 14 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, Zynga reported the most activity with five hires. The week’s most significant move went to FiveOneNine Games, which added John Sherman as its senior manager of performance marketing.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- John Sherman, Senior Manager, Performance Marketing — This week’s highest profile hire belongs to FiveOneNine Games. Sherman was previously the online marketing manager at Performance Bicycle.
- Màrius Duch, Administrador de sistemas — Duch comes from Grupo ITnet, where he was also a systems administrator.
- Bryan Papa, QA Tester — Papa was previously a Nintendo Compliance Tester at 2K Games.
- Robert Lester, Software Engineer — Lester moves up from an internship at EA PopCap’s studio in Ireland.
- Prasant Moorthy, Product Manager — Moorthy joins Kixeye’s Australian team. He is also the managing director at Mana Bar.
- Alex Erlandson, Flash Engineer — Erlandson was a software engineer at 6waves Lolapps.
- Omid Farivar, User Experience Analyst — Farivar was a web developer at MPublishing.
- Sina Mirgun, Product Specialist — Mirgun was previously an intern at Microsoft Turkey.
- Tobias Frierson, Country Manager – English Speaking – Frierson comes from Kabam, where he was a player experience associate.
- Janine L. Sugawara, Talent Coordinator — Sugawara was previously a talent coordinator in the film industry.
- Erin Martin, Community Specialist — Martin was an English teacher at Denver Public Schools before joining Zynga.
- Julian Jauregui, Animator — Jauregui moves up from an internship at at Glu Mobile.
- Peter Knudson, Product Management Intern — Knudson currently attends Harvard.
- Pierre Djian, Product Manager — Djian was the manager of gaming products at IQ Engines.