Hiring in the social gaming industry was up again this week, with 10 companies reporting 16 recent hires. According to data from LinkedIn and other sources Zynga showed the most activity. We saw several very high profile moves in the industry for the week, as well: King.com added Emma Vaz as its vice president for business development and partnerships in EMEA, Nordeus scooped Nikola Cavic to be its head of business development from Eve Online maker CCP, We R Interactive added Paul Whitehead as global commercial director and Zynga promoted Fareed Mosavat to head of studio, Zynga Boston.
If your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us. Email us at: mail (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
If you want to know who else is hiring, the Inside Network Job Board showcases current openings with the industry’s leading companies.
- Fatima Monllor, Game Designer – Digital Chocolate leads our roundup with a promotion for Monllor, who was previously a QA manager for the company.
- Jerry Cai, Contract Art Consultant – Two hires for Vancouver-based East Side Games. Cai was previously a Flash game designer contractor at Rival Schools.
- Dana Sharon, Android Developer - Next up is Sharon, who was a was Gameplay Programmer at Ubisoft.
- Emma Vaz, Vice President for Business Development and Partnerships, EMEA – King.com has a very high profile hire. Vaz was most recently the VP of international partnerships for Europe and Asia Pacific at Oberon.
- Nikola Cavic, Head of Business Development – Nordeus makes our list for the third week in a row with a high profile hire. Cavic was previously the senior sales manager at CCP.
- Ilker Yoldas, UI Designer – Two hires for Peak this week. Yoldas was previously a freelance designer.
- Alper Mat, Director of Product - Mat was formerly a consultant at Bain & Company.
- Andrea Bobick, Animator – A single hire for Playfish. Bobick was previously an animator at Betsoft Gaming.
- Heather Murray, Junior Artist – Murray was a freelance illustrator before joining Plumbee.
- Paul Whitehead, Global Commercial Director – We R Interactive makes another of this week’s highest profile hires. Whitehead was formerly at Channel 4 as its head of corporate and business development.
- Greg Latham, Jr. PR Manager - Latham comes from Frogster Online Gaming GmbH, where he was also a jr. PR manager.
- Pawel Romasz, Art Lead - Romasz was the art director at Vast Studios.
- Fareed Mosavat, Head of Studio, Zynga Boston – A high profile move for Zynga, which promotes Mosavat to head of studio in Boston. He was previously the Director of Product, Adventure World.
- Viktor Lidholt, Senior Software Engineer - Lidholt was the Lead Game Developer at Stardoll.
- Srinath Ramanujan, Software Engineer - Ramanujan was formerly an intern at Reliance Trends Limited.
- Anupama Narisetty, QA Engineer – Narisetty moves from VMware, where he was a QE engineer.