According to data from LinkedIn and other sources, the big flow of new hires listings, that began last week, continues. Ten social developers have brought on new faces with a handful of new major hires as well from Atakama Labs, Kabam, and Playfish. Tara Einis joins Atakama Labs as their new director of marketing and business, while Aaron Loeb, whose hiring we highlighted after the new hires post last week, is now the general manager at Playfish in San Francisco. Kabam, meanwhile, has not only hired more individuals than even Zynga this week, but they brought in Andy Riedel as their new vice president of mobile.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as people’s profiles.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Tara Einis, Director of Marketing & Business — As noted already, Tara Einis joins Atakama Labs this week. She was previously the director of marketing for Gala-Net.
- Antti Hattara, Vice President of Product Management — In an internal change at Digital Chocolate, Antti Hattara changes roles from director of product management for social games.
- Stephen Calender, Flash Developer — Now a part of GSN, Calender was previously the co-founder and chief engine architect at Semiotic Technologies.
- Andy Riedel, Vice President of Mobile — As stated prior, Andy Riedel is now a part of Kabam. He was previously “All Things Mobile” at Zynga.
- Renee Nichol, Player Experience Associate — Also now a part of Kabam, Nichol was previously a student.
- Jack Hou, UI Designer — Joining Kabam this week, Hou was a web designer intern at Sports Basement.
- Alexandria Rosales, UI Artists — Rosales was previously a UI artist at High Voltage Software.
- Sinead Mcloughlin, Recruitement Coordinator — Mcloughlin was most recently an office manager at Shamrock Moving and Storage.
- Kaeli Quick, Generalist, People Ops — Now at Kabam, Quick was a 1-2-1 tutor at The Community College Foundation.
- Sean O’Daniels, Senior Artist — O’Daniels was a senior concept artist at Double Helix Games.
- Jason Wigle, Community Manager — Joining KlickNation, Wigle was previously a product manager for Prima Games.
- Paul Durbin-Johnson, Senior Systems Administrator — Also joining KlickNation, Durbin-Johnson was most recently a Linux systems administrator at William Sonoma.
- Paula Escuadra, User Acquisition Specialist — Escuardra was previously a senior game advisor for GameStop.
- Sedus Pau, Assistant Product Manager — In an internal shift at PopCap Games, Pau changes roles from localization manager.
- Doug Hill, Game Designer — Now at Playdom, Hill was previously a self-employed game designer and writer.
- Alyssa Dettling, Junior Gameplay Engineer — Also joining Playdom, Dettling was previously customer support at Blizzard Entertainment via Spherion.
- Aaron Loeb, General Manager, San Francisco — Though we highlighted his hiring at Playfishafter the hires last week, the LinkedIn data for Aaron Loeb is now updated. He was previously the chief executive officer of Planet Moon Studios.
- Aneesa Patel, Software Engineer — Joining RockYou this week, Patel was previously a software engineer at Exact Abacus Ltd.
- Ian Callaghan, Flash Game Developer — Also joining RockYou, Callaghan was previously a Flash game developer at Casual Collective.
- Kevin Harris, Senior Software Engineer — Now at Zynga, Harris was previously a senior software developer at Presagis USA.
- Catheryn Clarke, Office Manager L.A. Studio — Also joining Zynga, Clarke was previously a temporary executive assistant at Westfield.
- Lavanya Lakshminarayan, Producer & Community Specialist — Lakshminarayan was most recently a PR consultant at 20:20 MEDIA.
- Arfan Achyar, Linguist — Achyar was previously an English teacher at LBPP LIA.