The report is embedded below, but findings for Facebook included:
- Overall ad performance on Facebook was up 266 percent year-over-year.
- Click-through rates for video ads (desktop and mobile) were up 57 percent in the first quarter of 2015 compared with the fourth-quarter of 2014. As a result, 31 percent of Facebook ad budgets have shifted to video ads.
- Mobile accounts for 57 percent of Facebook ad budgets.
- CTRs in the travel category were up 98 percent versus the fourth quarter of 2014.
For Twitter, Kinetic Social found:
- Effective ad prices have decreased, making Twitter a cost-effective option for advertisers using optimization tools.
- Mobile made up just 25 percent of ad spending on Twitter via Kinetic Social’s platform, and advertisers should change their focus to mobile, as costs per engagement are far lower than those for desktop.