Adding to the many offerings already available in its App Directory, including Youtube, Tumblr and Flickr, HootSuite now offers four new integrated services:
- Mobile photo-sharing app Instagram
- Content sharing network SlideShare
- Document-focused app edocr
- Engagement app Zuum
These additions are intended to help HootSuite take another step closer to its goal of offering one secure dashboard for users to streamline online communication, content, and multimedia from their multiple social media networks. Here’s some more info HootSuite released about each new app (along with installation links):
- Instagram (install) – To view and search Instagram photos in a HootSuite stream, filter the stream to view key feeds (Home, Popular, My Photos, My Likes), view and add comments, like photos, share photos to social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more – developed by Min Li.
- SlideShare (install) – To view and search for SlideShare content, upload content, share content to social networks, view basic content information and more – developed by Cazoomi.
- edocr (install) – To search for documents by keyword or user, upload documents to edocr accounts, view and comment on documents, share documents to social networks and more – developed by Cazoomi.
- Zuum (install) – To view a feed of content proven to be highly engaging in social media, specifically on Facebook. Zuum’s engagement algorithm, combined with targeted industry data, provides marketers an accurate view into what types of content drive the highest engagement among fans – developed by Zuum.
HootSuite shares that it constantly reviews and reprioritizes its product roadmap based on user feedback and that “Instagram and SlideShare, among others, were among the top requested app integrations.”
“After launching the App Directory in late 2011, we gave many popular social media networks a new home in our dashboard. We’re excited to welcome these popular social networks because they’re centrally focused around the easy-sharing of multimedia content,” says HootSuite CEO Ryan Holmes. “Regardless of which social media network is popular today, and which is hot tomorrow, it’s HootSuite’s job to make the lives of our power-users, brands, and businesses easier – and we’ll continue watching the industry to achieve this goal.”
Will you be adding these new apps to your HootSuite dashboard?
Follow the #SocialApps hashtag for more info.
(App image from HootSuite blog)