Hasbro and Zynga have announced that Hasbro’s line of Zynga-branded board games are scheduled to hit store shelves starting this coming Monday, October 1.
It’s been a while since we heard anything about the merchandising partnership between the two companies, which was signed back in February. Hasbro has now taken wraps off the entire line of games. While most of them are simply Zynga-themed adaptations of classic Hasbro games, the partnership does go a little deeper — several of the games will come with bonus virtual currency that can be used in the online version of the Zynga titles that inspired them.
Here is the full lineup of Zynga meets Hasbro titles:
- FarmVille Hungry Hungry Herd: Based on Hungry Hungry Hippos. Players try to collect as many marbles as possible with their farm animal. This game comes with a code that will provide 50 Farm Cash in FarmVille, retails for $22.99.
- FarmVille Animal Games: Three separate card games, each one based on Memory, Old Maid and Go Fish. Each of these games comes in a different FarmVille-themed plush animal and is bundled with 20 Farm Cash. Retails for $9.99 each.
- CityVille Monopoly: Based on Monopoly, with players competing to build up a city in the middle of the board using stackable buildings. The game comes with a code good for 85 City Cash and will retail for $24.99.
- CityVille Skies: This is actually a new game, based on utilizing interactive toys with the iPad (similar to Mattel’s Apptivity line). Users place a toy blimp on the iPad’s screen and then use it to explore a 3D version of CityVille, completing quests along the way. The toy will retail for $12.99 (though the app is free) and will come with 60 City Cash when it goes on sale in December.
- Words With Friends: Words With Friends gets an official board game, complete with a digital bundle of modes including Word-O-Meter, The Count and Tile Pile. This will retail for $19.99.
- Words With Friends Luxe: Similar to the normal Words With Friends (including the digital bundle), but it comes with a large board that rotates. This version will sell for $39.99.
- Words With Friends To Go: A more travel-friendly version of the Words With Friends board game, but it doesn’t look like this will come with the digital bundle. The To Go version will sell for $14.99.
- Draw Something: Essentially, this is a Draw Something-branded version of Pictionary, complete with players competing for coins. The game doesn’t have any bundled digital content announced at this time and will retail for $19.99.
All of these titles will be available for purchase at major retailers, as well as from Hasbro’s official website.